TikTok has been one of the world’s leading social media to produce lots of talented content creators. Also, the Bytedance application can distract us from other well-known social media competitors. Such as Facebook and Instagram. So, it’s not surprising to see so much content in different categories. To a point that we may think the platform is not moderate well. We may also ask, “Can you see who reported you on TikTok?” Well, in this article I will clear your doubts if it’s possible or not.
Can You See Who Reported You On TikTok?
Content creator can lose their jobs on TikTok if one of us will report them. Many times, there are loopholes for misinterpretations in a platform’s Terms and Conditions, and TikTok is no exception. Unfortunately, people can use these loopholes to report the content creators they hate.
Another unfortunate answer would be no. As a content creator on TikTok, you can only receive a notification when someone reports your account. Sadly, you cannot see who did it unless you take a peek at their phone or TikTok account, all of which are unethical.
What Happens When Someone Reports Your Account On TikTok?
When someone reports your video on TikTok a notification will send to the moderators. Then they will review the video and any information that has been submitted in the report.
Once they decide whether or not the video is violating their Community Guidelines or Terms of Service. They can remove your video based on their decision. Next, you will receive a notification stating whether or not they have removed the video for your violation. In the process, they won’t tell you who reported you.
If you receive several violations TikTok will notify you that your account may be permanently banned. This means if it keeps on going your account will ban from TikTok. Once your account has been banned you will receive a banner notification when you open the app.
What Can You Do If Someone Reported You On TikTok?
Reviewing the Community Guidelines, the Terms, and Conditions, and the applicable laws for content creators. These are essential things you should do before acting out of your frustration if anyone reports you. Here are the lists of things you can do when you know you have been reported on TikTok:
- Submit an appeal through the notification menu. Then, write down your reasons for appealing. Be sure you’ve read through the details before you submit an appeal.
- Create a secondary TikTok account. Many TikTok celebrities and company representatives are doing this. It is almost like, one for business and one for personal. Ask your friends’ permission for creating TikTok accounts in case your appeal got rejected.
- Upload more videos that don’t violate the Terms and Conditions of TikTok. That way, TikTok’s algorithm will re-learn about your account and hopefully, the same reports don’t occur.
- Avoid things that potentially lead other people to report your account.
What Are The Things You Should Avoid From Being Reported?
No more sorrowful things than getting reported, blocked, or banned. Your appeals (potentially) were rejected for different wordings! Fortunately, you can do any of these precautions to avoid this:
- Never upload provocative content. Which includes copyrighted songs, fake news, hate speeches, nudity, and violence.
- Make a reasonable content schedule. Such as two posts every working day and one post every Saturday morning. It’s the best way to avoid getting flagged as spam. Then, adjust as you need to.
- Make it your habit to clear cookies and caches every time you don’t use the apps.
At some points, you may even need to uninstall and re-install TikTok and TikTok Lite. If these steps don’t work in recovering your reported account. You can also “run” a secondary account to maintain your reputation.
Also Read: How Many Reports Does It Take To Delete a TikTok Account?
As a creator, we need to be cautious when it comes to creating content for TikTok. We must abide by all the guidelines. It ensures that we have gone through the guidelines and doesn’t cause you trouble in the future.
It hurts when someone reports you and TikTok take down your video because you put a lot of effort into it. To avoid that you should be better prepared. I have also mentioned some of the ways to avoid getting your account reported.
Hope this article helped you! If you have doubts you can let me know in the comments below.