If you’re on TikTok, you probably know that the app has a built-in feature to save drafts. You can put end numbers of drafts on TikTok. Once you decide to make the video go live you can do that on your own at any time. This feature gives you better results because you can post your drafts when your video gets high exposure. You also want to make sure that you don’t clutter your drafts and remove them from time to time. So if you want to get rid of them you can delete drafts on TikTok with a few taps.
How to Delete Drafts on TikTok?
Delete Drafts on Android Device
- Step number one is to open the TikTok app on your phone and tap on the ‘me’ section at the bottom right corner.
- Once you’re on your profile page you’ll see all of your posts and drafts. Then tap on drafts and these will bring up all of the drafts that you have.
- Now what you can do is tap on the select button at the top right corner and select the draft.
Make sure you click on select if you click on your draft it will take you to the edit page.
- Next, tap the red button ‘delete’ at the bottom. Then a pop up will appear so go ahead and tap on delete.
You can delete all your drafts at once by selecting all of them. If you only have one draft to delete then it’s fine. But if you have more than one draft you can select all of them and click on delete.
Delete Drafts on iOS
- Open up your application and then go to your profile. Here you’ll see all of your posts and drafts.
- Now tap on drafts and it will bring the list of your drafts.
- You can tap on ‘select’ and choose the video you want to delete or swipe from right to left on the draft to delete.
- Next, tap on delete and tap on confirm to finish the process.
How To Edit TikTok Draft Videos?
- First, open up the TikTok app. Then sign in to your app if you haven’t signed in already.
- Then go to your profile by clicking on me at the bottom right corner.
- Next, go ahead and tap on draft. These will bring up all of your drafts.
- If you wanted to edit one you can go ahead and tap on one of your drafts. It will load and it will have that draft back.
- Now you can do any kind of changes to it add filters, music, or effects whatever you want.
- If you want to post it then you can go ahead and hit next and follow the posting procedure. Or if you want to go back then you can hit back and then save it as a draft.
Does It Delete Drafts if You Delete The App?
Yes, it will delete all your TikTok drafts once you delete the TikTok app. If you have reinstalled the TikTok app it will log you out from the device and app data will be cleared in the process.
Your live videos will be shown to people however your drafts won’t be there anymore. Because the draft is accessed on your device and it isn’t on the TikTok server.
Also Read: How To Get Your Drafts Back on TikTok?
Will Cleaning Cache Delete My Drafts?
If you’ve ever experienced a crash on TikTok, you know that your app can sometimes crash unexpectedly. Sometimes, this can happen when you open the app. Other times, it can happen after you’ve performed a seemingly harmless action. It happens due to temporary data that takes a lot of storage on your phone. So what will happen if we delete them?
Well, clearing the cache will only remove temporary files. It fixes minor issues within the app for a better TikTok experience. The cached data is just your pre-loaded profile information and your watch history. It will not delete your drafts or live videos. Also, your comments and the comments people left on your videos will be as it is.
Putting your videos in the draft might come in handy because you can post them any time you want. It saves a lot of time for creator who can come back and edit their video. On the other hand, it is important to delete the drafts that you are not going to post. Eventually, it will pile up on your drafts and takes a lot of storage.