As we all know Spotify is the largest streaming service in the world. It is pretty convenient that we can integrate Spotify on Discord. We don’t even have to open two different applications for that. Once we connected to Discord we can show other users what we are listening to. On the other hand, you can link other apps as well on Discord such as Youtube, Twitch, and Reddit.
But most of the time users had faced that Discord doesn’t show “Listening to Spotify” status. And that’s what we are here for. I’ll be sharing some of the methods to resolve this issue.
Method 1: Connect Spotify to Discord
Here’s how you can properly connect your Spotify account to discord so you can show on Discord what music you’re listening to. So this is very easy and very simple.
First, go into discord, and then you need to head over to user settings which is in the bottom left hand corner.
Once you’ve done that you need to go to connections and you’ll see a list of different accounts that you can connect to your discord profile.
All you need to do is look for the Spotify logo and then click on Spotify. It will open up a web browser and it’s going to connect your discord account with your Spotify account. Now you’ll see your Spotify account connected to discord.
You can go back to Discord and you’ll see your Spotify account. It’ll now display your Spotify as your status and if you want Spotify to be shown on your discord profile you can enable this.
Method 2: Clear Browsing Cache & Passwords
Here’s the simple process to clear your Browsing Cache & Passwords.
- First, make sure you remove your Spotify account from Discord under connection settings.
- Second, Log out from your accounts both Discord and Spotify.
- Third, Clear Browsing Cache & Passwords.
- Fourth, Link back your Spotify account to your Discord account.
How To Clear Browsing Cache For Spotify
- Open your desktop app then go to settings at the top-right corner of the desktop app.
- Then you need to click on show advanced settings.
- Scroll down and you’ll see offline song storage.
- Now you will see the location of your main cache folder.
- So you need to go to this folder and then just clear all the files on the folder.
How To Clear Browsing Cache For Discord
- Press “Win+R” to open “RUN”.
- Type %AppData% and hit enter.
- Now open the Discord folder and look for the Cache folder.
- Select all the files and delete them.
Method 3: The “Display currently running game as status message” Should Be Enabled
Most of the Discord users don’t like to show their status because they usually hide them for their privacy. But I’ll highly recommend enabling Disord status. In order to show your status on Discord.
Here are the steps you can follow:
- Open your desktop app and head over to User Settings at the bottom left hand corner.
- On App settings click on Game Activity.
- Now enable “Display currently running game as a status message”.
Read Also: Discord You are Being Rate Limited – FIXED
Method 4: Reinstall both Discord and Spotify on your computer
If you have tried every method in the process and still the issue is persisting. Then I would suggest reinstalling both Discord and Spotify on your computer. Every expert will tell you to reinstall the application because it will get rid of all the unnecessary bugs which accumulate over time. Before Reinstalling these applications make sure you log out from Discord and Spotify accounts.
Here’s how you do it:
The first thing you gotta do is just close the program and make sure that it’s completely turned off on your system.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Head over to Programs and Features.
- Find the program Discord/Spotify then select and uninstall it.
- Download the application from the official website and install it again.
- Log into your Discord/Spotify accounts. Then connect your Spotify account to Discord.
How to Show “Listening to Spotify” Status on Discord Mobile
You have to open your discord application. Now go down to the bottom right corner and click on your profile image.
Go to connection then go up to the top right corner and click on add. Now connect your account and choose Spotify.
Then you get the information on the screen and if you agree with that just click on the green button or click on cancel. Once you connected to Spotify you can click on the top left corner on the X icon to close the tab.
We now have Spotify connected with discord. So now we can choose to “display on profile” and “display Spotify as your status“. We’ll toggle on the “display Spotify as your status“.
So to enable Spotify status on android be sure to enable device broadcast status within the Spotify app settings. Click on this link to open up the Spotify application. Now go to the top right corner and click on the gear icon. Then scroll down to enable device broadcast status.
Let’s go back and close the app. Start Spotify turn on some music and then open up Discord as well to check if this works. You can see as a user you’re listening to Spotify. If you click on my user you can also see which song you’re playing.
This is how you can show Spotify status on Discord. I hope this helped everyone. Now you know some of my methods to fix this issue. Let me know if you have any doubts in the comment section below!