If you have a Bitmoji account, you’ve likely heard of the option to change your Bitmoji gender. This feature allows users to change their avatar to match their preferred gender identity, or to see how their friends see them. If you’ve wanted to try this feature out, but you’re not sure how to actually change your Bitmoji gender, you’re in luck. Today we’re going to show you how to change your Bitmoji gender on Snapchat.
Table of Contents
What Is Bitmoji?
Bitmoji is a virtual avatar that you can use to express yourself in real-time with other people in messaging apps and social networks. You can create and customize your own avatar, or choose from a selection of pre-made avatars. You can also make your Bitmoji look like yourself, or someone else. In addition, share your Bitmoji with other people through messaging apps and social networks. And they will appear in their conversation as if they were real people.
How To Change Bitmoji Gender on Snapchat
- First, open up your Snapchat app.
- From your camera click on your profile icon at the top left hand corner.
To change it what we actually need to do is delete the existing Bitmoji
- Tap on the settings icon in the top right hand corner. then it will bring up the settings options.
- Then tap on Bitmoji which will be near the bottom of the screen under notifications. it will then show you your Bitmoji.
Now when you click on edit Bitmoji you can’t actually change the gender
- So what you need to do is tap on unlink my Bitmoji and that’s going to unlink a Bitmoji from your Snapchat account.
- Go ahead tap on unlink and delete it.
- This then gives you the option to make a completely new Bitmoji. So you can then create Bitmoji and you can either choose male or female.
Change Bitmoji Gender On Bitmoji App
- To reset your avatar, open up your app.
- Tap on the gear icon at the upper right hand corner.
- Next tap on my data.
- Then tap on reset avatar, a confirmation pop up will appear. So go ahead and tap ok.
- You can now change your Bitmoji gender.
Also Read: How To Recover Snapchat Account
Does Snapchat Have Gender Neutral Bitmoji?
Well, Bitmoji only offers options for a male or female avatar. So as if now it has two genders male and female. If you want to switch your gender, you have to completely reset your Bitmoji. Everything you’ve done to customize it to your face will disappear.
They do have some features for feminine options for men and masculine options for women. Such as you can’t have facial hair as a woman but you can put makeup on a man. The options are very on the male version of a Bitmoji.
How Do I Enable The Bitmoji Keyboard?
- First, go into the Bitmoji app.
- Then you will have the home screen of your Bitmoji. You can see at the bottom there are a few icons. So go ahead and tap on “keyboard.”
- Now hit “turn on keyboard.” Next hit “enable in settings” then toggle on the “Bitmoji keyboard.”
This input may be able to collect all types of text you type. Including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. It comes from the Bitmoji app.
- To use this input hit “ok.”
- Now under the keyboard section on step 2, you need to switch to the keyboard. To do so hit “Switch Keyboard” then tap on “English.”
Once you set up your keyboard you can try it on Whatsapp. So go ahead and type messages to your friends with your new Bitmoji keyboard. You can even add your Bitmoji as well.
Snapchat has partnered with Bitmoji to offer a fun way to personalize your snaps. You can choose a Bitmoji avatar to represent yourself, and you can customize your avatar by changing the gender. Unlike other social apps, which often default to showing the female avatar on their platform.
Snapchat gives you the choice of which gender you want to represent. This is a great way to increase your digital presence and represent yourself however you want to be seen on Snapchat.