Your phone’s Pop Socket is not only convenient but also transforms your entire phone experience. No doubt with Pop Socket you can handle a smartphone with one hand while using it. I would say it’s one of the essentials that we need all the time. But Pop Sockets can get old and dirty, which can make them less effective. If this has happened to your Pop Socket, you may be wondering how to remove a Pop Socket from your phone.
If you’ve ever tried to remove a Pop Socket from your phone you might know that it can be frustrating and time consuming. Luckily, it’s an easy task that can be done in a few minutes with a few common household items.
What is a Pop Sockets?
Popsocket is a smartphone accessory that is lightweight, small, and easy to use. It provides an easy grip for texting, calling, and gaming comfort. The unique design of the pop socket accommodates most smartphones and can be used in various positions, making it an ideal accessory for those on the go.
The pop socket is an easy way to increase your phone’s functionality while saving space in your pocket or bag. It also adds a fun and fashionable accent to your style.
How to Remove a PopSocket Without Damaging It?
I see people use knives and weird things to take their pop sockets off their phones. But it’s really simple.
- In order to do this without harming your pop socket, you must use a card. So you won’t ruin it and you can use it again. For that don’t use a knife just get a credit card or any kind of card like a license or debit card.
- Now use the card to slide underneath the adhesive. Make sure you don’t want to go too far under because it’ll start to bubble up all of your adhesives. But if you just slide it underneath a little bit you’ll be able to pry that pop socket off.
- If you have long nails you could go ahead and do this with your nails. But if you don’t you could always use some sort of card.
- If you’re using your nail then try to get your nail underneath the Pop Socket. Then you want to go all the way underneath the adhesive, not just the base plate. Now go all the way down to the adhesive and try to just peel it up.
How to Reuse a PopSocket?
When you take off your PopSocket from your device and wanted to place it in a new position, case, or different phone. Make sure you try to do it within 15 minutes of removing it so the adhesive gel doesn’t dry out.
Also Read: How To Watch TikTok on Your Roku TV?
How You Can Make a PopSocket Sticky Again?
Once you have a new pop socket and if you put it on once you remove it and reuse it a few times it’ll no longer be sticky. In such a case, you need to buy a new one just to use it. Maybe you do not because you want to try this trick first. Here’s how to make PopSocket sticky Again:
- There’s one simple trick and what we’re gonna do is clean it. So we need a glass of warm water and use as warm of water as you can handle. It is going to remove the debris and also going to help to renew the adhesive and give it more stickiness.
- Now go ahead and dip your Pop Socket in the glass of warm water. You can put the whole thing in it doesn’t matter, make sure you dry it.
- Use your thumb to rub some of that dirt off of there and do this for 30 to 60 seconds until you want to see all the dirt off.
- Once you’re done with this step shake off any excess water. You have to let this dry. To dry this out you can also use a hairdryer.
- I would recommend just letting it air dry for 30 to 60 minutes. Do not use a paper towel on there because if you use a paper towel it’s gonna leave lint on the surface. It’ll act just like some of the debris did and prevent it from sticking.
- After 30 to 60 minutes it will be nice and dry with no signs of water or moisture. Then go ahead and reinstall your pop socket on your phone. Put it wherever you want and give it a firm press. It will be good as new and stick to your phone.
Removing your Pop Socket is not that difficult just use your fingernails or a card underneath the Pop Socket. Then slowly pull out the PopSocket until it’s detached from your phone. You can also reuse it within 15 minutes of removing it so the adhesive gel won’t dry out. In case it dries out you can make it sticky again.