TikTok is a social media app, which is one of the most popular short-form video apps. It’s gone from being an app to being a household name. In today’s article, I’m going to show you how you can watch tiktok on your Roku TV.
If you’re a TikTok fan, you’re probably already accustomed to watching the app on your phone. But if you have a Roku TV, you can access TikTok from your TV via your phone.
It’s obvious that you love to see TikTok on your smartphone. What if you want to watch TikTok on a bigger screen like a TV or monitor? It is possible by using your tv as an external monitor for your device. I’m going to share an easy way how you can use your phone to get TikTok on your TV. For this, you just need to have an HDMI connection to plug into. So let’s dive into this!
How To Watch TikTok On Your Roku TV Using Screen Mirroring
Pro tip: do make sure that you are running the latest version of iOS to avoid any issues. Keep in mind that your phone and the TV both connected to the same wireless network or wired if you plug it in at the back. Also, make sure that your Roku is all the way up to date on its latest firmware.
Screen Mirroring By iOS Device
- First, go ahead and click the home button. It will take you to the Roku home screen.
- Next, scroll down and choose settings.
- Once you’re on the settings menu scroll down and click on ‘Apple Airplay and Home Kit.’ It’ll take you to the Airplay screen.
This feature is available on all Roku devices except the lowest Roku device.
- On Airplay settings make sure that the Airplay option is on.
- Now head over to your iPhone or iPad. Then on the top right corner, you’re going to swipe down which brings up the menu. Here you’ll see a dual monitor icon where it says Screen Mirroring.
- Once you tap on that it will show Roku Streaming Stick. So go ahead and tap on that it starts loading.
- Next, it will ask for the code that you can see on the TV. Then type in the code on your iPhone or iPad.
- At last, you see a checkmark as it starts mirroring on your TV.
Screen Mirroring By Android Device
- First, go ahead and click the home button. Then go down into settings and press ok.
- Now scroll down into the System and press ok again and then select Screen Mirroring.
- Make sure you have selected “Prompt” on the Screen Mirroring Mode option.
- Once you’re done you’re gonna head over to your android phone it can be Samsung or any other brand.
- Now drag down on the top right corner and it shows different icons. On my device, it is called Screencast. So go ahead and tap on it.
It depends on the brand what this option called. It can be mirror cast, smart view or it can be view connect. Many brands use different names for this feature.
- Your phone will search for a second and you should be able to see your Roku Streaming Stick over here in this list. Then tap on that.
- Now on your Roku TV, you should see an option appearing on the lower side. You need to select allow or always allowed it’s up to you to choose which one you prefer. Then press the ok button.
- It will take just a few seconds and whatever is on your android device will be mirrored on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirroring By PC
- First head over to your computer home screen and simply right click on your desktop. Next, go down and click on display settings.
- Then in display settings, we’re gonna scroll down and find where it says connect to a wireless display. Then it’ll pop up with this sidebar on our windows computer. You can see Roku player is in the option so what we’re gonna do is select that.
- Now head over to your Roku TV. Then we need to accept the prompt that pops up on the screen.
- Next, what we’re going to do is click allow. It’ll just take a little bit to load up but then we have our mirror casting all set up and ready to go.
- So what you need to do is whatever video content you want to play from your PC over to your Roku just simply drag and drop it over to your screen.
Can you Directly Watch TikTok on Roku?
Well, it is not possible to watch TikTok on a Roku device. Like other apps, TikTok is not available on Roku. Since you can’t install it you won’t be able to watch. The only way to watch videos is by mirroring your phone.
Also Read: How To Get Your Drafts Back on TikTok
Watching TikTok on your smartphone isn’t the only option. Now you can enjoy your favorite TikTok star on a bigger screen as well. It is easy to access since you have gone through the process of screen mirroring.
Do share your thoughts in the comments section below!