Instagram allows you to connect with others around the world through shared interests in visual content.
Losing your favorite photo can be heartbreaking a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a million. What happens when you accidentally delete an Instagram photo? Could you still view them? Well, let’s find that out!
Table of Contents
Can I See My Deleted Instagram Posts?
Technically yes, you can see your deleted post. So the feature “Recently Deleted” that was newly added to Instagram. Where you can recover deleted posts within 30 days of you deleting them. If you accidentally deleted your post then you can recover it within Instagram itself.
Can You See Other People Deleted Instagram Posts?
Viewing other Instagram posts that have been removed isn’t possible in the app itself. Once an Instagram user deleted his or her pictures. Then it is no longer available for you to see. However, you can use a third party app to view someone’s deleted photos.
But I won’t recommend you jailbreak your phone to view others’ deleted posts. Since Instagram doesn’t like the third party app or any kind of manipulation of the platform. If you are found doing that they can terminate your account.
How To See Or Recover Deleted Instagram Posts?
- Open Instagram and then go to your profile page.
- At the top right corner tap on the three lines. And then hit “Your Activity.”
- Now scroll down and you’ll find recently deleted. So go ahead and press on that.
Note: After a certain number of days these will be deleted. This means it gets deleted in 30 days. So after you delete a post it basically will hold it here for 30 days.
- At last, you can tap on your deleted post and tap the three dots at the top right corner. And hit restore. There you go hit view on the profile and it’s been restored.
How To Recover Deleted Instagram Posts After 30 Days?
Instagram has the ability in the app itself to recover any of your deleted posts. But it has to be within 30 days of deleting that post. Now if it’s after 30 days you only have a couple of options. In this case, you can try two different things to recover your post.
Download Your Data
- You can tap on the profile icon at the bottom right and then at the top right tap on three lines.
- From here go on to “settings” now once we’re in settings at the very top you’ll want to tap the search icon.
- Once you tap there let’s type in download and then tap on the first result “Download Your Information.”
- Now you can request a download and you’ll need to enter your password for that Instagram account.
It will take up to 14 days for them to recover all of the data that they have in association with your account. This might include any of your posts that are after 30 days and deleted after 30 days. There are no guarantees that Instagram will have that information on its servers but they might.
Search Your Photo In Camera Roll Or Instagram Folder
- Go to your home screen and scroll up to your search bar and type in my files. This will let you search through all your files.
When you post on Instagram your phone will automatically make an Instagram folder and save a copy of your photos there.
- Go to the search bar on my files. And type in Instagram to find the Instagram folder.
- At last, go ahead and open the Instagram folder where you’ll find your photo.
- You can view this photo or you can upload it back if you want to.
How To Find Recently Deleted Instagram Stories?
The process to find a Recently Deleted Instagram story is similar to what I have mentioned above.
- Open your app then go to your profile page and press on the three lines icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and hit settings.
- Find the Account section and press on it.
- After that scroll down and tap on “Recently Deleted.”
- Now you’ll be able to see removed Stories, Posts, Reels, and IGTV videos.
- At last hit the circle icon at the top right of the screen. And the recently deleted Stories section will open.
It is a great feature to have on Instagram where you can easily recover your deleted post. You don’t need to be upset if you accidentally delete any of your posts. You almost have 30 days to recover it. Even if you pass 30 days there are other ways to find a deleted post as well.
I hope this article is informative. If you have any concerns regarding this topic then you can drop a comment below.