TikTok gives you the power to discover, create, and share videos. As a user, you always want to support your favorite creator. You can simply follow your favorite creators on TikTok if you like their work.
Now following anyone on TikTok is not difficult but have you ever faced such a problem where you can’t follow any more people? If you have faced the issue then here’s how you can resolve it.
Why Can’t I Follow People on TikTok?
1. TikTok has a Follower Limit
There’s a limit on how many people you can follow on the platform. You can only follow 10,000 people in total. So if you’re just getting started, here are some tips to help you make the most of the situation:
- Only follow those who post videos that you want to watch. This will help cut down the noise and get you closer to your creative content.
- Don’t keep following everyone back and creating a feed full of activity (and maybe even spammy content).
2. TikTok May Have Placed a Temporary Block on your Account
TikTok can temporarily block your account for 24 hrs if you follow, and unfollow people too fast. This will block you from following someone for a short while.
This feature prevents abuse of the platform by ensuring that users aren’t able to follow too many people at once. The feature was meant to keep the platform spam free by making sure people can only follow a certain number of people in a day.
3. App Is Out Of Date
It is one of the common reasons you’re unable to follow anyone if your app is outdated. This will cause you some problems and your app might crash in sometimes due to an outdated version.
You can go to your app store and search for TikTok then you just have to tap on update and it will update to the new version.
Fix The Issue “Why Can’t I Follow People on TikTok?”
Switch To a Cellular Connection
The first thing you’re going to do is switch to LTE. So swipe down from the upper right hand corner of your phone and turn off your wi-fi. The reason we turn off our wi-fi is that a cellular connection sometimes can be much stronger than a wi-fi connection.
Update The App
So if switching to LTE doesn’t work the next thing you can do is see if the app has an update. So head to the app store and once you’re in the app store type TikTok up top in the search bar. Then to the right of TikTok, it’ll either say open or update. If it says open your app then it is fully up to date. But if it says update that means need an update. The reason we update our apps is to get rid of any bugs or lags that the last update may have had.
The next thing you’re going to do is report this problem to TikTok. To do so:
- Go to settings. From settings go to general. And then go to iPhone storage.
- Now scroll down to where it says TikTok and click on it.
- So we’re going to offload the app and what this does is clear the cache on the app.
- Go ahead tap on offload and confirm it.
- At last reinstall the app. And you have successfully offloaded your app.
Report The Problem
So the last thing we do is remove the cache from the app.
- So let’s open up the app.
- Then go to your profile page by tapping your profile icon in the bottom right hand corner.
- Now tap on three dots up top from there go down to support and press report a problem.
- You’re going to tap on “follow like and comment.” And then tap on “follow.” At last tap on unable to follow a user.
Right here it gives you some things that you can do. Like switch from wi-fi to LTE or you can restart your phone.
- So go ahead and press no under “is your problem resolved” and then press “Still Have Problem.”
- At the end type “can’t follow” and tap on “report.”
Also Read: How to Delete all TikTok Videos at Once?
What If I Can’t Follow Anyone on TikTok?
The most common reason you’re not able to follow anyone as if you went through some kind of list and you’ve been following a ton of people.
TikTok might view that as some kind of bot or unnatural activity on your TikTok account. So they might limit your account to follow anyone for 24 hours. They’ll pause your ability to follow and then after that, you can follow again. If you keep repeating that and keep getting that violation they might extend the amount of time where you can’t follow anyone.
Why Can’t I follow A Specific Account?
The main reason why you are not able to follow somebody is that their account is set to private and you’ve requested to follow them but they’ve denied the request.
Also, if they’ve blocked you then you won’t be able to follow them anymore.
If you run into this problem then you can refer to this small guide to fix the issue. I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to resolve this problem on your own without an extra hand.
But if you have tried everything and still nothing is working then report the problem and wait for their response. Meanwhile, you can spend your time watching different content creators.