Does Snapchat delete inactive accounts? No Snapchat does not delete your account if you’re not using it. So if you cannot use your account for months or even for years Snapchat won’t delete your account.
Personally, I have two Snapchat accounts that I barely ever use. Those two accounts I haven’t posted on for so long. People still add me and that’s something to do with it. But one thing I can definitely tell you is Snapchat is not going to delete your account if you’re not using it. So if you’re not using your account for years and years they don’t really care to be honest.
As far as I know, Snapchat will delete your account if you do anything that’s against their terms of service. So what does that mean well? Essentially if you have your Snapchat account and Snapchat assumes that you’re a bot. If you’re posting crazy inappropriate snapchats all the time. In such a case you get strikes. Then Snapchat will technically go ahead and delete your account. But that is the opposite of actually using your account if you’re never using it.
Table of Contents
What Happens To Inactive Snapchat Accounts?
Some day you have come across the platform and don’t feel the necessity to use Snapchat. Because some of your friends might have quit using Snapchat entirely. Or they move on to better alternatives like Instagram or Facebook instead. But have you ever wondered what happens to Snapchat accounts that go inactive?
If you decide not to use Snapchat or might want to take a break. Then Snapchat itself won’t make any changes to your account. It will stay as it is, they don’t even delete your account. But in the near future, if you want to access your account. You can straight up log in with your credential and follow the instruction to reactivate it.
How long does it take for Snapchat to delete an inactive account?
If you wish to delete your account due to any reason. Then Snapchat will deactivate your account for 30 days. Meanwhile, your friends won’t be able to text or interact with you. After passing 30 days your account will be permanently deleted. You will no longer have access to your friends, Snaps, Chats, Story, device data, and location data. Everything will be deleted!
How to delete a Snapchat account permanently?
- First, open the Snapchat app and log into the Snapchat account that you are going to delete.
- Then at the home screen go to your profile by clicking the profile icon in the upper left corner.
- Go to settings by clicking the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down and tap on I need help.
- Scroll down again and select my account and security.
- Tap on delete my account. Here you find how to delete your Snapchat account. Now go to the account portal.
- To finally delete your Snapchat account you need to enter your password. At last tap on continue to delete your Snapchat account permanently
Can You Recover A Permanently Deleted Snapchat Account?
It is possible to recover your deactivated account within thirty days. After 30 days it gets permanently deleted. Once an account on Snapchat has been deleted it is not possible to recover. Data of an account will be wiped out completely. A new account has to be made to use Snapchat again.
How To Reactivate A Permanently Deleted Snapchat Account
- Open the Snapchat app and log into your account.
- Now you’ll see a prompt message that your account is currently deactivated.
- Tap on yes to reactivate your Snapchat account.
- Then your account will reactivate in a few minutes. So go ahead and tap on ‘Okay.’
- Login again to your account to check whether it has reactivated or not.
- You may receive a suspicious login message. So tap on ‘continue.’ Then a verification code will be sent to your email ID.
- At last type in the verification code that has sent to your email. Tap on ‘submit‘ to reactivate your account.
Will You Lose Your Snapchat Memories if Your Account is Deleted?
If your Snapchat account is deleted, will you lose all of your memories stored on the app? Once account deletion took place you will have thirty days to recover your memories. Once it’s deleted you won’t be able to recover.
But maybe some of your Snaps will be saved because it resides on Snapchat’s servers. They may retain some personal data for certain legal, security, and business needs.
Accounts are often the lifeblood of any social media platform. They provide a way for users to connect, build relationships and share content. And when a user reaches the point where they no longer want to use an account, it can be difficult to know what to do with it. Unfortunately, some platforms are much more lenient with their inactive user accounts than others.
Snapchat is one of those social media that don’t delete an inactive. If you decide not to use it then nothing will affect your inactive account. And once you reactivate it you can use it again.
I hope this article will help you understand whether Snapchat deletes inactive accounts or not. If you have any doubt let me know in the comments below!